Monday, January 14, 2013

V8162 Cape

Well I've completed my first project of the year. I made this Vogue cape but I think the pattern is OOP.  It's a shame because this is such an easy thing to make. There are a few variations with this pattern. I made the one with collar and buttons in a mid-thigh length. I used a wool hounds tooth fabric I bought at JoAnn's. The cape is unlined, but since it's wool, it is quite warm. It's the kind of thing I think I can get a lot of use out of.



I would recommend trying this pattern if you have it, or I'm sure there is something similar out there. It is very easy to make and it's pretty quick to make too.







Now I'm off to plan my next sewing project!



Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year & 2013 Goals

Hello all! I hope everyone had a glorious holiday season. I've been thinking the past few days about what I want to accomplish this year in terms of my sewing. The main goals I have are a) to continue to improve my skill level and b) to continue to challenge myself. For example, I really want to learn how to make a decent welt pocket! Along with these things I REALLY need to reduce my fabric stash before it gets completely out of control. So, along with plugging some holes in my wardrobe, I should be able to to that. I hope to have my first project completed in a few days so I'll be sharing that with you soon.

In the meantime, happy sewing!